Florida Horse Ranches for Sale
There are a variety of activities one could choose to perform on Florida horse ranches for sale ranging from horse breeding to competitive training. These activities depend on the type of horse ranch you own. Two of the main types of Florida horse ranches for sale include working horse ranches and recreational horse ranches, also known as dude ranches.
Working Horse Ranches
Working horse ranches include ranches used for horse breeding and other areas of ranching such as cattle driving. Most working horse ranches do not cater to tourist or other horse owners since typically these types of ranches are closed off to the public. However, more recently to help generate additional revenue, there is an increasing number of working ranches that have incorporated recreational activities such as training lessons and horseback riding.
Recreational Horse Ranches (Dude Ranches)
Recreational horse ranches are oriented for the entertainment of visitors, tourists, and other horse owners. These types of ranches may contain lodging facilities for guests, riding trails, arenas, and turnout pastures for horses. Activities on recreational horse ranches include horse training, horseback riding, horse camps, competitive shows, and therapeutic services.
Regardless of the type of horse ranch you decide to invest in, knowing what to look for when purchasing a Florida horse ranch for sale is essential for making a sound decision.
Characteristics to Look for When Searching for Florida Horse Ranches for Sale
Owning a horse ranch can be one of the best experiences of your life, but buying a horse ranch for sale in Florida is a large investment and should be done so with careful consideration and strategic planning. There are a number of characteristics we recommend looking for while on your search. The following characteristics will help determine whether a piece of property is of high quality and worth the purchase.
1. Access – Look for horse ranches for sale in Florida that have easy access to main roads. You’ll also want to make sure that you don’t have to drive through the neighbor’s property, or vice versa, to access the ranch.
2. Acreage – Make sure there is an ample amount of land to house your horses. The more horses you have on your property, the larger the property should be.
3. Water Source – Having a natural water source on or near the property that you have rights to is essential in providing your horses with a water supply. They should not have to travel far to find water.
4. Flood Potential – Protect your assets, and make sure to choose a property that is not in a flood zone.
5. Dangers and Hazards – Familiarize yourself with the natural wildlife and vegetation of the area. Florida’s gators, snakes, and some weeds can pose a threat to your horses. You’ll want to make sure to do a thorough inspection of the Florida horse ranches for sale before committing.
6. Adequate Shade – Make sure there is adequate shade available. With Florida’s year round high temperatures, your horses will be grateful for some shady spots to rest under.
7. Fencing & Clear Boundaries – Purchasing a horse ranch with quality fencing already in place will save you a lot of time and money. Fencing is also a great way to mark the boundaries of your property.
In the market for Florida horse ranches for sale? We know how to find them. Florida ranches for sale are our specialty. Give us a call, and let us show you the horse ranch of your dreams.