Factors to Consider When Buying or Leasing Florida Ranches
There are a number of factors one should consider before making a decision on whether to buy or lease Florida ranches for sale. The first and most important factor you should consider is budget.
- What is my budget?
- Will I be able to afford the cost of maintenance on the property?
- Can I afford the property taxes?
- Will this affect my cash flow? If so, how?
These are the types of questions you will have to ask yourself to have a firm understanding of your financial options. Your answers to these questions will help gauge whether buying or leasing a Florida ranch is right for you. Some other factors that you will need to look at before making a decision is your level of commitment, the market conditions, land availability, and intended land use.
Taking a look at the advantages and disadvantages of both buying and leasing ranch land can also help determine which option would better suit your situation. Outlined below, you will find some of the advantages and disadvantages of both buying and leasing ranches, such as Florida cattle ranches for sale and Florida horse ranches for sale.
- More Flexibility
- Limited Costs (initially and monthly)
- Able to Invest in Other Ventures
- Little to No Property Maintenance
- Increased Working Capital
Disadvantages of Leasing:
- No Guaranteed Renewal
- Little to No Recovery of Lease Costs
- No Benefit from Land Appreciation
- Limited Control
- No Collateral for Loans
- Freedom of Management
- Land Appreciation Benefits
- Collateral for Loans
- Borrow Against Equity (if needed)
- Protection from Inflation
Disadvantages of Buying:
- Significant Upfront Costs
- Lower Returns of Capital
- Less Working Capital
- Cost of Property Maintenance
- Time Investment
For more information, call us today at 877-518-LAND, or complete our contact request form.