Retail Market Update: Impacts of Covid-19
We continue to experience retail market impacts from Covid-19, and new information released this week by U.S. Census Bureau sheds some light on the effects of the pandemic. Reporting through May 2020, that data shows estimated monthly sales for retail and food services by kind of business.
Recorded Live | Thursday, June 11, 2020 | 2:00 PM EST
What does the $2 Trillion Federal Relief Package Mean for Agriculture?
Late in the afternoon on Friday, March 27th, the United States House of Representatives passed the $2 trillion federal relief package called Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES”). This bill was passed first in the Senate on Wednesday, March 25th. While there are many important provisions, this article is focusing on the critical relief resources available to farmers and landowners.
The links below are to information specific to Covid-19 issues.
VIEW OUR PAST WEBINARS
- WEBINAR: Financial Implications of Covid-19
Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR and Tyler Davis of SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler along with Javier Marin of Central Florida Development Council (CFDC) shared important financial implications for individuals, small businesses and commercial real estate.
- WEBINAR: What is Force Majeure?
As a result of Covid-19, tenants, landlords, buyers, and sellers are all left attempting to interpret Force Majeure provisions in leases and contracts. In this webinar, attorney Thomas P. Wert from the Dean Mead law firm was joined by Tyler Davis and Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR to provide insight and commentary on force majeure provisions.
- WEBINAR: Weathering the Storm
Dr. Jerry Parrish, economist for the Florida Chamber of Commerce Foundation, will join our managing partners Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM, Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, and R. Todd Dantler, CCIM to discuss their extensive past economic downturn experiences and future expectations related to Covid-19.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Florida Bankers PPP Outline
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Emergency Loans
Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Small business owners with two to 100 employees can apply for short-term loans up to $50,000.
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Florida Reemployment Assistance Program
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Central Florida Development Council
cOMMERCIAL rEAL ESTATE
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Department of Homeland Security Guidance
Identifies residential and commercial real estate as essential critical infrastructure.
- Florida Department of Revenue Emergency Orders Regarding Sales and Property Tax
The date for citizens and businesses to pay property taxes in all Florida Counties is extended from March 31st to April 15th.
- Forbes: Coronavirus’ Impacts On Real Estate: Why You Need To Think Short-Term And Longer-Term
- CCIM Institute
- Building Owners & Managers Association International
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Industrial & Office Parks (NAIOP)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Real Estate Roundtable
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Coronavirus Relief
- National Law Review: Tax Implications of Covid-19
- Tax Foundation: Tax Policy and The Coronavirus
- American Institute of CPAs
- PwC: Tax Research and Insights
- PwC: Employee Retention Tax Credit
- KPMG: Tax Developments
- Ernst & Young Tax NOL & tax discussion
- Hamic Previte & Sturwold, PA
- Moody’s Analytics: Coronavirus Effects
- Anna Scherbina, American Enterprise Institute: Determining the optimal duration of the COVID-19 suppression policy
An economic cost-benefit analysis of various response scenarios.
- State Financial Reserves
- K.C. Conway, Economist for CCIM: Coronavirus Update
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist for Florida Chamber Foundation: By the Numbers March 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- CARES Act
- US Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Guide to the CARES Act
- Wall Street Journal CARES Act Overview
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Executive Orders
- Florida State Emergency Response Team Updates
- Florida Department of Agriculture (FDACS) Emergency Orders
- Dean Mead Latest Legal Updates