Glades County Ranch and Recreation is an active cattle operation in North East Glades County. This is an ideal ranch location just outside of town, only 15 miles from the City of Okeechobee. The subject property is 90% uplands and contains semi-improved and native pasture, along with a unique mix of oak hammocks and scattered cabbage palm flats. This Old Florida setting creates a natural corridor for all forms of wildlife, including whitetail deer, turkey, and hogs. All of these attributes make for a perfect recreational get-a-way!
Aerials & Documents
Property Type: Agriculture, Cattle, Hunting, Hunting Leases, Pasture, Ranch, Recreation
Price Per Acre: $3,950
Location: SW 196th Terrace, Okeechobee, FL, 34974
Frontage: SW 196th Terrace, an unpaved one lane road
Description: Predominant Soil Types:
• Chobee Loamy Fine Sand, Depressional (17 ± acres) • Basinger Fine Sand (171 ± acres)
• Astor Fine Sand, Depressional (18 ± acres)
• Immokalee Sand (34 ± acres)
• Ft. Drum Fine Sand (129 ± acres) • Valkaria Fine Sand (153 ± acres)
• Smyrna Fine Sand (2 ± acres)
• Pople Fine Sand (88 ± acres)
• Gator Muck, Depressional (14 ± acres)
Uplands/Wetlands: NWI Uplands: 577 ± & NWI
Wetlands: 49 ± acres
Grass Types: Bahia type grasses
Irrigation/Wells: 3 wells are located on site - two are 2" in diameter and one is 8" in diameter
Structures: An old barn is located near the center of the property.
Zoning: Open Use Agriculture
Both Zoning and FLU allow for one residential dwelling unit per 20 acres
Current Use: Cattle Ranching & Recreation
Water Source: Electric & Telephone are available through local provider in the area. Water and sewer are available through well and septic tank.
• $2,253.58 - A21-38-33-A00-0010-0000
• $28.86 - A16-38-33-A00-002A-0000
Fencing: Perimeter fenced and cross fenced
Planning/Permits: South Florida Water Management District appears to have one active permit currently in place. Permit #: 22-00022-S
Past Surveys and Reports: Tradewinds Boundary Survey in 2014 and an Oil & Gas Report performed by Creative Environmental Solutions, Inc.
Income Features: Cattle production or as a hunting lease
Potential Recreational Uses: Besides being suitable as a cattle ranch, this property can serve numerous recreational purposes whether that be trail riding on ATV's or hunting for any of the numerous species of wildlife on the property including deer, turkey, and hogs.
Improvements: From a farming operation decades ago, there is a shallow ditch system in place that runs east- west across portions of the property. A ditch system also follows north-south along certain borders of the property.
Driving Directions: GPS Location: -81.02867, 27.16424
• Heading South on US 27 - turn left onto US HWY 98
• In 24 miles turn right onto County Road 721
• 8.7 miles turn left onto SR 70
• 1.5 miles turn right onto Fulmar Terrace
• 4.4 miles you have arrived at the property