Steve Toner, MBA, MPA, TRC is a senior level commercial real estate associate broker and marketing strategies consultant with a specialty in Florida development land, ranchland, and land for investment.
He has extensive experience with land development, working with residential builders, developers, and retail corporate site selection managers on sites along the growing southwest coast counties of Florida.
He works with owners of ranchlands and hunting and recreational land throughout West Central Florida, often good candidates for conservation easements and 1031 Exchange strategies.
Steve consults with local and international (FDI) buyer and seller investors, who are often involved in trade. He presents the advantages of owning land in Tampa Bay for office, warehouse and manufacturing facilities, to take advantage of tax savings in a Free Trade Zone (FTZ), now available nearly everywhere (appropriately zoned) in West Central Florida.
Prior to working with CBC Saunders Real Estate, Steve owned his own brokerage and marketing firm, served as vice president international of a national real estate franchise, served as director of business development for a national engineering firm, and was director of development and alumni at his university.
Steve has contributed to his community and profession as marketing committee chair for the Florida Realtors® Land Institute (RLI), committee member of Tampa Bay Builders Association, founding chair and president of the Canadian American Business Council (trade and investment group), and as mayor and councilman of his home town.
Steve is a candidate for the CCIM and ALC designations. He earned a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Northern Kentucky University and a Master of Public Affairs (MPA) at the University of Cincinnati. His Bachelor of Arts undergraduate work was completed at the University of Kentucky and Northern Kentucky University. He also holds the Certificate of International Trade.
He is a member of the Florida Gulf Coast Association of Realtors, Tampa Bay Builders Association, International Council of Shopping Centers, and the National Association of Realtors.
MBA, MPA, TRC
· Founders Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement, Tampa Bay, Florida
· Best of Show Award, Business World Int’l, Montreal, Canada (trade & investment)
· Tampa Bay Community Service Award, Tampa, Florida (trade and investment)
· Significant Board Member Award, Canadian American Business Council, (trade & investment)
· National Presidential Citation for Service & Leadership as Founding Chairman, PRSA
· University Service Award, Northern Kentucky University (land acquisition)
· Kentucky Colonel Award, as Mayor and Councilman, Crestview, Kentucky (land development)